ACE for AFCOM: Leadership by Influence Program
AFCOM is committed to helping build stronger leaders in the data center
AFCOM's 2020 State of the Data Center Report shows opportunities for new leaders: “Leaders in the space are pulling out all the stops when it comes to recruiting and investing in good people.”
2021 Data Center Leadership Trends show:
- The next generation of data center leaders need better skills to plan, develop, deploy, and manage successful strategies.
- Frontline operators, engineers, and architects are helping change the way data centers are built and need to learn how to share that knowledge.
- The longstanding divide between IT professionals and facilities operators requires authentic leaders to help bridge the gap.
- They need to learn how to develop a broader and more valuable resource of contacts to become influencers.
- Learning how to develop soft skills in addition to frontline skills is key to gaining others’ trust and inspiring others to action.
- Negotiation skills are essential in the vendor and service provider partnerships.
- A new generation of data center professionals must learn how to get their voice heard in order to share their innovative ideas.
- Frontline architects and engineers can stand out by learning how to better develop, and trust in, their decision-making skills.
To meet these needs of building successful leaders among our AFCOM community, AFCOM has partnered with AchieveUnite to develop ACE for AFCOM: Leadership by Influence program, tailored to meet the leadership needs of our data center community. This program is designed to help busy professionals become better business leaders by honing strong soft skills, emotional intelligence and learn how to collaborate better across teams, organizations, customers and partnerships.
Using a "flipped classroom" approach, participants complete assignments prior to each week's discussion, transforming the live meetings into a space where participants assimilate new knowledge from one another and apply it to real-life situations, all under the direction of a skilled instructor.
The inaugural 8-week virtual program is scheduled to begin February 9, 2021, with weekly 90-minute sessions on Tuesdays. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve your space soon.
Topics that will be discussed during the 8-week course are:
- How to be an Authentic Leader
- Inspiring Others to Action
- Harnessing Your Strengths and Building Your Brand
- Influence and Negotiation
- Difficult Conversations
- Effective Decision Making
- Getting Your Voice Heard
Final Session – Developing a personalized Project Roadmap to deliver business performance and help achieve career goals.
The normal cost for the program is $2,250. Our AFCOM community receives a 10% discount and AFCOM membership for one-year by using discount code AFCOMACE21. If you are currently an AFCOM member, your membership will be extended for one-year from your current expiration date once your registration has been processed.
Our inaugural program is open for any data center industry professionals who are looking to reach the next level of their career. Additional programs for ACE for AFCOM: Women in the Data Center and ACE for AFCOM: Future Leaders of the Data Center are expected to be added in 2021.
Click here to view what other professionals are saying about AchieveUnite and their ACE Leadership by Influence program experience.
Opportunities are also available to brand ACE for AFCOM: Leadership by Influence for your organization. Please contact AFCOM Association Manager with any questions or for additional details.