We hosted our chapter meeting in partnership with FirstEnergy on October 30, 2018.
Trends and Best Practices for Efficient Mission Critical Power – E Technologies/Powersmiths;
Free Cooling with Economizers – Donwil Company;
ASHRAE Guidelines for Data Center Cooling – Johnson Controls;
Case Study for Data Center Optimization – Environmental Control Specialists;
Future Trends in the Data Center World – Dave Sterlace, ABB Group;
Update on the FirstEnergy Ohio Energy Efficiency Programs for data center operations – FirstEnergy/Sodexo.
This presentation showcases Data Center Optimization Through controlled air flow using Physical and Virtual Containment - An Enterprise Data Center Case Study
The enlightening and engaging agenda topics included:
This study focuses on a practical example of air flow optimization that led to Annual Energy Savings of $65,000!
* Plenum Pressure Increases from 0.034” WC to 0.061”WC;
* Racks are thermally satisfied evenly over 42U;
* Cooling per kW is reduced from 243CFM to 150CFM;
* Return air temperatures to CRAC increase 16°F;
* Bypass air greatly reduced;
* PUE reduction from 2.5 to 1.7
Download the presentation for more details: